Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Last day of work before a mini vacation

Golf and I plan to go to Koh Chang tomorrow by bus. This will be my second time there, but Golf hasn't been yet. I hope it doesn't rain the whole time.

One of the assistant vice principals called me last night, the person who works with the farang teachers in all the issues. She was asking about another American co-worker because her visa is expiring and has to get another 10 day extension for nearly $50 fee. The thing is that she is to go on Friday, right in the middle of our vacation time!!! My colleage is burned out and we all need this little bit of time off. So far she hasn't come into the office and it's 8:30AM right now. I think she's insisting she have the extension done today.

I know immigration is a hassle in any country. Golf tells me it's a burden in the States too. But still it's a little more organized and there is no having to leave the country to get a certain type of visa etc. What am I going to do next May if I am heavily pregnant or have a newborn baby? Am I going to have to leave the country?

I told Golf that I would like to come back to the States soon after the baby is born and is sturdy enough to travel. We need to get adequate international health insurance for a long enough time to cover the family until we can get some sort of independent health coverage in the States. Well, all this is nice to speculate over, but I need to see if I'm even pregnant first!

Anyway, enough whinging for today. I may not be able to post again until Sunday when we get back from Koh Chang.

No comments: