Friday, December 28, 2007

No work until Wednesday

One week ago we left for my parents' place for Christmas and we got back yesterday. It was a memorable visit; I'll leave it at that. I had a very nice time with my sister who lives in SoCal and because she lives so far away, I see her once, maybe twice a year for only a few days at a time. I always feel so sad when she has to go since I know I won't see her again for many months. I hope we can fly down to see her by spring or summer next year.
I also chatted a lot to her husband who is the number one salesman nationwide in his company and is compensated extremely well for it. Why not get some tips from such success?!?
Now we're back home and nobody is interested in networking or doing business until after New Year's Day, so I'm enjoying a few more days off until January 2 and not putting any pressure on myself.

Right now I'm reading Amy Tan's The Hundred Secret Senses. Of course I know who Amy Tan is, but this is the first book of hers I'm reading, and I did see The Joy Luck Club movie, but didn't read the book. So far it's very good and a nice change from reading books on business and sales techniques. Everyone needs a good work of fiction now and then...

No comments: