Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Deep in the Midst of Potty Training!

Last week, with the Thanksgiving holiday and our Thailand trip at an end and routine returned to the family, I had had enough of Aidan's diapers and decided it was high time he be potty trained, even though he wasn't enthusiastic about it. I'm dreadfully tired of diapers and their high expense - besides this kid is 3 1/2 years old - it's high time he uses a toilet!

The first two days were 100% accidents and I was puzzled and rather depressed that my son didn't get it, especially being as old as he is. But on day three, he went to the toilet every single time with no accidents. He was especially motivated by the small chocolate coin I'd give him as a reward. He still poops in his diaper, but that will change soon too. We're hoping to start him in a preschool program a few days a week once he gets potty trained.

No comments: