Sunday, November 20, 2011

Holding Off Another Year?

Ugh. I hate to say this, but Golf and I have decided to hold off going back to Thailand to live for one more year, or at least for the time being... Why in the world would we do this?

The flooding has not only damaged physical infrastructure, but also the economy. Additionally, the situation has brought out ugly political fighting, worsened with the possible pardon of Thaksin. This will likely cause worse turmoil within the country, so we just want to stand back right now.

There is another reason we want to hold off. My business. I do stroller reviews as well as other baby gear and I've taken it up a notch by purchasing my own products to use and review and make videos. I don't have to tell you how much more meaningful that is, right?

Let me tell you, it is far easier, and less expensive, to do product reviews right here in the United States than in Thailand. This change is critical for my business' success and giving it a year to grow and become more financially steady is smart.

After all I have to make a choice. My business or another fancy that is spiritually gratifying? Frankly right now I have to buckle down and work and Golf seemed reluctant all along to go back.

Maybe by summer we can take a month to come over and stay. You know, an in-between compromise. I miss Bangkok, afterall, and the entire expat lifestyle. But change happens and I'll never live the same lifestyle I did pre-kid. Having a child changes EVERYTHING and if I think I'll be living there as I did before, I am quite mistaken.

So there you have it - new goals, new timeline. Let's wait and see what happens.



PS: Speaking of my business, I need to do a quick plug here: I've written my latest article on Shopaholic Mommy about what lies ahead for Baby Trend strollers. If you're a newer mama and need this information, you should check it out. :)

No comments: