Thursday, May 05, 2011

Facing My First Challenge

While the world is fixated on Bin Ladin's death a few days ago, I am completely focused on my business and my first problem I've encountered thus.

So on my stroller site I'd been experiencing nothing but roaring success, meeting my goals ahead of the date I set. Then I got hit by a Google algorithm update just before Easter and my traffic drops by a whopping 2/3!

Needless to say, for about a week I was half-paralyzed in shock. While I realize that Google does not owe me a living, I had been working on my site full-time, pouring ALL my energy into it and pushing myself to the maximum to put out the best quality information on the internet. That's saying a lot, considering the crap sites out there, so I was floored when Google deemed my site not worthy of ranking.


So I did the only thing I could do - I did a careful self-audit of my site and fixed a few problems and kept building more pages. I have to have faith that this will all work out.

One successful "infopreneur" had traffic plummet on his site too, a few years ago, and he mentioned how he had faith and kept building. His traffic returned within 3 months and skyrocketed afterward. I have to believe that my site will do the same.

This is my business and the ONLY thing I want to do. I WILL overcome!

No comments: