Sunday, August 12, 2007

Happy Thai Mother's Day

Today is the Queen's birthday in Thailand, and the people also make it their Mother's Day. It's a national holiday and I remember the schools would have an assembly or performance for their mothers and then have a ceremony with children showing respect, love and humility to their moms. Every year it would make me cry! So this morning we're going to the regional Thai temple to enjoy some Thai culture and food.

The last week I've been job hunting online. I finally have my real estate license number and have been actively pursuing employment. However, I am feeling doubtful in this dreadful housing market. It doesn't feel like the right time to be entering the RE market, especially the lending industry after so many meltdowns we've heard in recent news. It tests my self confidence - I worked hard for many months to acquire my license and now I don't think this is the right time, so I've been looking into other industries just to see what's available and to find something I could also be passionate about to promote and help people. And make money doing it too. :)

My license is good for 4 years, so I can always come back to it, and who knows what I'll find in my job hunt. The good news is that we may be able to stay here in the Bay Area and still rent (I really love it here) and invest out of state -- we'll enjoy the benefits of ownership, just not here. I'd love to live closer to my parents, but I so enjoy the weather, life and neighborhood here in Alameda. Except for the earthquakes.

Also there was a job opportunity landing in my inbox of a service I never even knew existed! So while I'm seeking guidance, I'm certainly getting ideas too. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: