Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Making More of a Difference - Microloans

I just logged out of my Yahoo Mail account and got directed to the main page where an article caught my eye and I clicked on it. Check out the Yahoo article here - and see the corresponding video as well.

It's about a San Francisco-based company called Kiva who gives us the opportunity to make micro loans to entrepreneurs in impoverished countries via the Internet. It reminds me of Prosper.com, but Kiva is focused on giving opportunity to those in poor countries to have a chance of business success. For as little as $25 you can make a loan with a 99% chance of being repaid. Please see the videos on the website, they're wonderful!

I'm ready to make my first loan (albeit small) and make a difference to a business man or woman who otherwise wouldn't have a chance! What a wonderful way to help eradicate poverty!!!!

No comments: