Tuesday, September 04, 2007

My New Vision Board

Since my first vision board was done on New Year's Day, some circumstances have changed and I felt a need to reasses my goals and put together a new vision board. It's not much different from the last one, but I've taken some things out and added a few others.

I've added pictures of good, wholesome fruits and vegetables and serene, beautiful spirituality. I put in a pic of Oprah because of all the good she has accomplished and has become quite successful in the meantime. I've even donated to her Girls' Academy in South Africa as I feel it is an extremely worthy and just cause.

Speaking of charity, I added a photo from an ad on microloans (top left) and I plan to give more to various charities as our income permits.

Golf has had such good luck with his selling on eBay and I hope for further success. Our experience has been quite different than some sellers, but from our own perspective, we cannot complain. Oh and the car - I hope to have our own within the next year. Needn't be new, but quality made.

The picture of the house is representative of our first investment property that I hope to acquire within the next year. This method of investing is what I'm counting on to fund our retirement as we both have a late start in retirement planning and it's looming ahead of us. I don't want to be destitute upon our later years or forced to work til we drop dead. And I certainly don't want to rely upon the government!

Anyway... I'm pleased with it and I have also rewritten my long term and short term goals within the realms of:

  • Mental
  • Physical
  • Financial
  • Family
  • Career
  • Spiritual
  • Social

It's a great way to take stock of my life in a well rounded way and keep myself going in a particular direction, rather than meandering around aimlessly. I recommend writing your goals and expectations of your life at least twice a year.

1 comment:

Carol said...

A vision board - wow. I've never heard of doing something like that (I've made mood boards and inspiration boards but never a vision board). It sounds like it's really helped you make clear what it is you want. Good for you!! I really hope you get there.

C x