Sunday, June 27, 2004

Make that a whole weekend of do nothing!

It's SOOO nice to be a bit lazy. Just this morning I finished The Stand, by Stephen King. It was really good, and it's one of his older books, published in the mid-80s, I think. The next book on my list is called "The God of Small Things" by Arundhati Roy. I've never heard of her before, but I went to the Amazon website and she got all good reviews. We shall see.

Yesterday Golf and I had our Thai massages. I can't complain since we each got a two hour massage for 300 baht, which equals a little over $7 each person. But the room had a television, and it went on. Soft music would have been better. Then Golf's masseuse got several phone calls on her mobile, which really irritated me -- it was highly unprofessional. At least she offered to make up for the lost time (about 10 minutes) to him, but he said nevermind, just give some extra attention to his bad back. Sometimes the massage was painful and as I was wincing under the pain, I thought that a good massage isn't without a little discomfort. I did feel like jelly afterward!

Today Golf and I will try and get to the fitness center. I haven't been there on a weekend yet. I was too tired after the massage yesterday to go, but hey, during the weekdays we go on a regular basis, so I don't feel too badly.

I'm now an active poster on Babycenter.com's Trying to Conceive web board! It feels great to start this new phase in my life! Now the rest is up to The Higher Powers That Be.

UGH. Work tomorrow.

No comments: