Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Monday Madness a day late

From reading others' blogs I found these questions for bloggers every Monday, called Monday Madness. Since I'm a day ahead of the US, I'll post mine on Tuesdays!

Here's the latest:

1. Bed & Breakfast or hotel? Neither, I prefer a guesthouse, especially if I am travelling in a foreign country. I've never been in a Bed and Breakfast before and if I am in the States, I usually stay in a motel.

2. What determines where you stay?(i.e. price, accommodations, transportation, travel package) Location, price and if it was recommended, either by a guidebook or by other travellers.

3. When determining where to stay, do you ever consider the establishment's history? (i.e. it might be haunted, location of high profile crime) This usually factors into the recommendations from other travellers. If a place has a reputation, good or bad, people will talk about it.

4. Would such considerations sway your decision? Of course! I'm not going to stay in a filthy, noisy guesthouse in a bad part of town!

5. Do you try and read the local paper for where you're visiting, to get an idea of what the area's like? Depends if it is in English or not! If there is a local English newspaper I'll pick up a copy now and then. I'm a regular reader of the Bangkok Post and when I was in Nepal, I read the Kathmandu newspaper.

No comments: