Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Trying New Food

Thai people eat all the time, it seems. My Thai colleagues bring in a picnic to the teacher's lounge everyday around 3 PM, practically a whole meal. It's not fair that they can eat so much so often and remain thin. Not fair, NOT FAIR!!

Anyway, they brought in something new to try. I like trying new food, even if it seems disgusting. I was inspired when I read Anthony Bourdain's book 'A Cook's Tour'. Bourdain takes it upon himself to try anything and everything that others eat. The Thai teachers brought in a bag of deep fried frog skin. It tasted almost like pork rinds, but had a bit of an off aftertaste, so I had only one piece and that was enough.

Golf and I were supposed to meet an acquaintance last night downtown. It's a pain to get anywhere after work in a major city during the week because of gridlock traffic and rain and it made me tired just thinking about it. But we went and he didn't show up. Whatever. The ride there wasn't too horrible, but it does take an hour to get there.

Anyway, so we went to Asia Books after waiting and I bought a magazine, Redbook. I am officially in my mid-30s and married, trying to become a Mom. I guess that means that my Glamour magazines will be falling by the wayside for magazines like Oprah's 'O Magazine' and 'Redbook'. Well, I am embracing this new phase of my life and it feels great!

No comments: