Monday, April 09, 2007

Dodging raccoons

Well I did it. I woke up this morning at 4:45 AM and went on my very brisk power walk. I think I will walk this route, which is 3.2 miles or so, for the next week before taking on a longer route. Or I might just stick with this one since it took me 20 minutes longer to complete than I expected.

I discovered I LOVE early mornings! No wonder spiritual scholars such as monks wake up every day very early. It's SOOO quiet and very peaceful. The birds are just starting to chirp at about 5 AM, but still quite dark. As a matter a fact, I was barreling down the sidewalk and a huge raccoon walked out from behind a tree. We both startled each other!

My goal is to do this every other morning. Wish me luck!

ALSO - Happy Birthday to my sister Alise. Love ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow - sounds like a great time to be communing with nature. :) i don't think i could get up that early though. ;)
keep up the good work!