Sunday, April 08, 2007

Trying out a new exercise routine

I've had the last 10 pounds clinging to my butt for nearly a year now and I'm tired of it. Tomorrow I'm going to start a new strategy.

Fitness experts say that to get rid of the last few pounds, you need to amp up your aerobic workout, and while I walk with Aidan briskly nearly every day, it's just not intense enough. I'm going to go on my real powerwalk tomorrow morning. While I already wake up at 5:30 AM every day to do my meditation and have some alone computer time, I now need to wake up at 4:45 AM 4 days a week to get my meditation in and my 3 1/2 mile powerwalk. I think I can get it done in about 40 minutes.

So tomorrow I'll wake up that early and see how long it takes me from the time I start to the time I get back. This time has to take into account my meditation and changing my clothes. I should hopefully be back by 6:30, which is the time Aidan has been waking up lately. The earlier he wakes up, the earlier I have to wake up.

I need to get into this habit now because once I begin working outside the home, the early early morning will be my only time to get in my exercise.

On the yoga front, my back is still not 100% well yet, so I'm not going to attempt yoga until possibly this coming Friday, when I will go back to that class. I will also notify the instructor of my injury and we can modify poses. It's been almost a month since I hurt myself and I don't ever want to sprain my back again!!!

No comments: