Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Yes, it worked out!

I got an email from my Thai student's teacher yesterday. She said that the girl's guardian (auntie) would like me to start tutoring her! Of course we have to see how the girl feels about it, we certainly don't want to force her to do anything she strongly objects to!

In the meantime I've been reading up on some sales techniques that do not involve cold calling. The thought is petrifying and has a proven high failure rate. My experimentation of going out to talk to prospects will be at the end of the month with my dad in his town. See, I have no mentor here to help guide me. I'm reading all kinds of books, but no PERSON to connect with. My dad has lots of confidence, although he's never been in sales before. I'll see how it goes with him.

I'll also be going to Las Vegas next month for the first annual conference of my company and I expect to get lots of information on how to go about getting qualified prospects. I've got an appointment to meet with the company's founder one on one, so I'll be asking lots of those types of questions.

Anyway, that's what's been happening. Not that much since Golf's been out working in South San Francisco every day the last couple weeks on a big sound recording job. I've been holding down the fort here, being an at-home mama.

1 comment:

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

glad to hear things are moving right along for you. :)