Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

My friend Caroline is such a sweetie. Yesterday she went out and bought not only herself a copy of the new Harry Potter book, but one for me too! I would have gladly waited til she was done reading hers, or til my mother was done reading her copy, but nope, I get to start reading now! Lucky me! Here's a picture of what the UK book cover looks like. I'd rather read the UK version, since that's the original language of the author... Fortunately when I lived in Thailand, they have the British versions there, so I got to read the Order of the Phoenix, the British version.

I haven't gotten to enjoy a nice work of fiction for a long time and this is going to be a good one. This last installment of the Harry Potter series is nearly 800 pages long! Right now I'm on page 51. I'm so glad I don't have to study any more -- now I get up at 5:45 AM, put the coffee on and doze for 15 minutes while it brews. At 6 I pour myself a cup and sit down for an hour of ME time and enjoy my new book before I have to wake that boy up and start being a mommy for the day.

Don't worry, I won't write any spoilers to this book. And thanks again, Caroline!!! :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Congratulations on passing your exam - knew you would do it.

(Have had internet problems and am only just back online)

Enjoy the HP book - I'm planning to treat myself and read it when I've finished all the things I need to do for my drawing exhibition (Hmm....that may take a while so definately no spoilers!!)

Carol x