Saturday, October 18, 2008

Open Studios

I'm very excited about tomorrow. I'm going to go to San Francisco with my best friend Melanie to see some art with Open Studios! For over 30 years, San Francisco Open Studios has provided the public with an opportunity to see artists in their workspaces. As the largest and first open studios program in the country, San Francisco Open Studios showcases artists without judgment and invites art lovers to make friends and start or build their art collections.

A few weeks ago I picked up the catalog and artist directory for this year's Open Studios, and many of the artists whose sample works in that catalog looked appealing to happened to have their showings this weekend. I'm especially excited to see the works by these artists:



and



This weekend's Open Studios is in an area of San Francisco that I'm rather familiar with, since I used to live there. Mel and I plan to find a parking spot and just walk walk walk, and the plan is to get lunch at Goat Hill Pizza on Potrero Hill - I haven't been there in years, but there's a gorgeous view of the city from that vantage.

I'm looking forward to an adult day out! A big thank you to Carolyn for watching Aidan!!!!

No comments: