Saturday, February 17, 2007

Stiff n Sore

Yesterday I went to my first community yoga class! That was something I had been wanting to do for over a year now, but for one reason or another (maybe I felt I was undeserving?) I finally went. I'm SO glad I did and I intend to go once or maybe even twice a week because the community class is only $6. It happens to be just about the time Aidan takes his nap, and yeah, I don't get grocery shopping, online work or cleaning done, but I do care for myself. It took some convincing on my part (still!) that it's OK if some things don't get done when it's a once or twice a week event that lasts an hour and a half total, including walking there and back.

It's becoming more apparent to me how important it is to care for my body lately. Especially as I get older, I'm becoming less flexible, and I truly feel that when your body is more flexible through stretching you FEEL younger, better and stronger. My left hip joint bothers me from 18 years of power walking - I don't want to have a hip replacement years down the road. So today I'm stiff and sore from stretching, not from gettin' old, and it actually feels GREAT!

1 comment:

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

good for you for doing some things for yourself. i know what you mean though about how hard it is to let certain things go and about feeling undeserving. i'm working on that with regard to myself as well.
and cute pics of aidan! :)