Tuesday, December 13, 2005

On the fast track to 40 now

I turned 36 years old yesterday. My god, I'm now sliding down the hill toward 40. But at least my dreams have been fulfilled: I got to do some travelling to exotic countries doing brave things, I got to live abroad for a number of years, I met the man of my dreams, got married and now I'm a mommy to a beautiful little boy. I can relax now and enjoy my life. The anxiety that used to keep me awake and turn my stomach at nights no longer haunt me. Fortunately it's not just me who gets older! :)

We really didn't do much at all yesterday. Golf's been extremely busy with a work project that's due in a few days, so I just did housework and took care of the baby. I decided to forego the trip to the art store until Golf is done with his work so I can go alone and shop leisurely. I'm nervous about beginning my business, as all things that may profit, there is risk involved. But I must try and one of the major factors of its success is simply getting out there at craft fairs, actively doing ebay, keeping a beautiful website that takes payment, and going out to owner operated boutiques and stores. So I'll go to the art store by Monday next week and spend as much time as I want browsing around and getting what I need to get started! It's always hardest for me to START, but once I get going, it all becomes very easy.

6 comments:

Running2Ks said...

You aren't old, or even close! I was, however, teasing my dad yesterday because his sister turned 70 ;)

Running2Ks said...

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

happy belated birthday. :)

and i know what you mean about getting started on the business. it's hard to take the first step.
i REALLY need to get it in gear and submit some paperwork to the IRS etc., but i keep putting it off. the paperwork aspect is bumming me out.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,Happy Birth Day...Kiss....*A*

Amy T said...

Thank you everybody! :)

Indiamommy said...

Happy *post* Birthday, Amy.

Good luck on your business, whatever it is. I can tell you it is easy to pull the supplies together, and know how to do what you do, but to invite the general public to see what you do, inquire, and even critique your work, is by far the biggest hurdle for most.

I wish you the best!