Tuesday, December 06, 2005

One HUNGRY baby!



Golf took this photo just after I pureed an entire Kabocha squash for Aidan and hadn't put them in the ice cube trays yet. Had to give Aidan a little taste and he LOVED it! That bowl fit into two ice cube trays and should last a couple weeks, at least. The boy will likely eat 3 to 4 cubes (equal to one tablespoon) each time. Today I bought fresh spinach at the farmer's market, washed it, steamed it and pureed it. It's SOO dark green! I hope he likes it, but he may not be able to eat it til next month. Fortunately it keeps for two months. I pride myself on making my own baby food.

5 comments:

Running2Ks said...

That picture makes the bowl look giant, btw!

You have one adorable baby, and the food looks de-lish.

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

good for you! i made nearly all of ava's babyfood too. it's really not all that much work and is very healthy for them. :)
love that pic. too cute!

Anonymous said...

We have prepared most our son's food and he is now 18 months. When he was 9 months we started putting ground walnuts and homemade applesauce in with his cereal in the morning and started feeding him avocado just mashed evey couple days ( walnuts and avocados are high on omega-3's) I also put corn and kale in the blender and he loved that! Now I make him a smoothie by putting romaine lettuce in the little food processor and chop it fine then add 1/2-1 banana and he loves it. people think I'm nuts but leafy greens are the best. You might check out Joel fuhrman's Disease Proof Your Child.

Amy T said...

Great idea with the avacado. I checked out a book from the library called Super Baby Food and it's all about making your own and the author recommends avacado. I'll check on the walnuts too, since I have them handy in my freezer. Lettuce with banana sounds like an interesting combo, but when babies are that small, they don't know it's odd! :) Today he's going to try his first banana.

Amy T said...

Thank you, running2ks!

amygeekgrl -- that's great you make Ava's food too. I bet she now just eats with you the meal you and Jody have.