Friday, August 27, 2004

I'm so thankful it's Friday

This has been a gawd-awful long week for me, and I couldn't be happier that it's nearly over. Part of it is that we had to come in last Saturday for a half day for parent meetings. Then we had to plan out the so-called science fair, then we had the science fair then we had to prepare for the MOE visit for yesterday. All in all, ministry officials just peeked in my window for a few seconds, which is a good thing because I was teaching math. I don't like math, I don't know how to teach math and make it interesting and fun. We do it from the book, and I do the best I can. In any case, the students were a little bored and restless, maybe because their teacher was too? Anyway, I'm glad nobody came in and did an evaluation.

What has also been happening is that I am more tired than ususal and it is because I've majorly cut down on the caffeine. I had gone down to two cups per day, then one cup per day. Last weekend I splurged on a jar of decaf coffee -- very, very expensive here in Thailand. Now in the mornings I fix a cup of half and half and the rest of the day I have a cup or two of a hot ginger drink or bael fruit drink. Wow, I never realized how addicted my body is to caffeine. I get slight headaches occasionally, but mostly I feel sluggish. I've had to take naps every afternoon after work just to keep on going. I hope this withdrawl phase ends soon. I'm doing this in the hopes that it improves my chances of becoming a MOMMY!

No comments: