Monday, August 16, 2004

Monday Madness

Monday Madness
1. If you could only take one item with you on to a desserted island what book, movie, music would you take? The Journeyer, by Gary Jennings.
2. What's the most disgusting thing that you have ever eaten or even just put in your mouth?? Balut, a Philippine delicacy, which is a fertilized duck egg and the embryo is nearly completely developed. I just took a taste, I couldn't bear to eat much. But I like to be brave and try new things, thanks to reading Anthony Bourdain's books of daring cuisine!
3. What one thing would you do differently if given the chance? Travel at an earier age. I didn't go to my first foreign country til I was 29. I would have majored in English at university, gotten a teaching credential and travel more around the world. Here in Thailand so many teachers and tourists are in their early to mid twenties. I would have done it for awhile to fund more travel, then get serious in my late twenties and early thirties back in home.
4. What political party, if any, do you belong to? I am registered as an Independent. I want to vote Green, Libertarian, Democrat or even Republican if I choose.
5. Do you like icees? Sure, but I like ice cream better. :)
6. East or West? Depends. East for it's religious philisophies (Buddhism and Hinduism) it's rich culture, history, architecture and food. The West is also good for it's liberal thinking, technological progress, history, philosophy, art, and food too. :)
7. Will we ever "all" be happy with the current political situation???? Heavens no... never.
8. Cookies or Crackers? Reduced fat Cheezits.
9. What fun thing did you do today?... My Blog. Hey, it's MONDAY.
and #10 has nothing to do with any of the above questions.........
10. Why?? Why not??

1 comment:

Nat said...

Hi Amy! Don't think I'll be trying that delicacy in the near future....Thanks for playing Monday Madness with us!! =) ~Otto