Thursday, September 16, 2004

Long week is nearly done

It's never a dull moment around this school. My American colleague has shingles and can't come back to work until it's passed. It's a virus that is caused by the dormant chickenpox virus, apparantly, so the school, understandably, doesn't want her to accidently spread it around. She teaches G2 and may not be able to return until the beginning of next semester at the beginning of November.

Then we got news this morning that her Thai partner's husband had a heart attack the night before and died! The poor woman, I feel so sorry for her. It was most unexpected. Her Thai partner is a very nice older lady (in her early 50's I think) and it was sad to know of her loss. Now G2 has no homeroom teachers! ACK! So they've been scrambling to get some teachers in there to sub for I don't know how long.

Tomorrow is my easy Friday. I will be so looking forward to the weekend!

No comments: