Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Very little sleep

Golf and I went to see a Thai ghost movie last night. It had English subtitles, of course, and it was SCARY. Thais absolutely love ghost stories, but many are rather poorly made, however, this one was fantastic. It's called Shutter, about photographers who hit a woman and kill her, but drive away from the scene of the accident. Afterward, the ghost of the woman appears in their photographs. The couple go to a spirit photography magazine to get more information on such phenomena, and then the story goes on to become more complex with many surprises. I was exhausted by the end of the movie because of adreneline from all the startling and scary moments. Needless to say, that night I did not sleep well, and this morning I had to be to work early for my weekly duty. UGH!

Last night I got to eat lasagne too! MMMM!!! We went to an international cuisine food court, so while Golf got to eat his roast duck over rice, I got to have my Italian fare. It's a wonderful compromise.

We also had to go baby stuff shopping. Golf's neice is having her third baby and she is scheduled for a C-section on Friday, so we will probably go to see her either Friday night or Saturday. She's going to have a baby girl -- she's already got two boys, so she is thrilled to be adding a daughter to the family.

Golf told me about a Thai belief that if a woman who wants to be pregnant holds a newborn baby, then the jealous child will come. Meaning the un-conceived child will hurry up and get in the womb so the woman can be mommy to him or her and not give attention to any body else's baby. I like that idea. I hope I can hold May's new little baby girl. :)


No comments: