Sunday, June 19, 2005

A few days of cooler weather

The last couple of days have been cool enough to turn the AC off all day long. The fresh air has felt great and I know I will appreciate it when the electricity bill comes again. It rains off and on.

I've been power walking nearly every day, increasing my time gradually. I read on a parenting forum that the weight doesn't really start coming off until six weeks post partum. I hope that's the case because my weight has plateaued since losing my initial 20 pounds right after birth. I haven't been eating any more, as a matter a fact, I'm cutting back a little bit, but not too much since nursing mothers need some extra calories.

Yesterday morning, to mark Aidan's one month birthday, Golf and I took offerings to the spirit house of the condo property. Thais believe that every property has residential spirits that must be kept happy with offerings and prayers and the spirits will then leave the living alone. So that's what we did, just to cover our bases! :)

No comments: