Thursday, June 02, 2005

Some news and a photo album

Yesterday I called the American Embassy to make an appointment to register Aidan as a US citizen born abroad so I could get his passport. It turns out that the next available appointment isn't til July 15th and it takes an additional three weeks for the passport to arrive! This means that we will be delayed in moving back for another couple of weeks.

At first I was pretty upset about this, but Mom pointed out that it's probably for the best because Aidan will be a little older by the time we move (mid to late August now?) and easier to care for. With the incredibly huge adjustment we will all be going through, having him a little more mature will make a big difference. So I'm OK with it.

Many of you want to see more pictures, especially family members, so I've set up a Snapfish online photo album that I will be adding to as we are still here in Bangkok. Hope you like his cuteness! It's now time to nurse him so Golf and I can go enjoy a dinner out while my dear mother cares for him. :)

2 comments:

Thailand Voices said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thailand Voices said...

I know exactly how you feel. I can't WAIT to get back to the US As usual, nothing is working at school, the new rules and responsibilities are increasing by the week, and yesterday I got raked over the coals for my 'complaining about Thailand' (no, I was complaining that nothing's working here AGAIN), my not wearing the uniform even though I'm now wearing that hideous shirt 3 days a week, my wearing sandals (now I have to wear plastic sandals with straps which rip holes in my feet and make me sweat so badly), and oops, yesterday I wore jeans on 'casual day' and it's not allowed. (Even though the kids are wearing jeans and the teachers weren't given any guidelines about what we COULD wear).

If my parents weren't coming in October, I would be out of here next month. As it stands now, I'm going to try to make the best of the situation as I still LOVE teaching the kids, but Thailand is not somewhere I want to be for much longer - it's like living in the back of beyond after living in the US, isn't it? :-)

I can't wait to be back in a country where I'm valued for the work I do, and when I do something a little extra they at least say "Thank you".

8:26 AM