Friday, August 26, 2005

We're BAAAAAAAAAACK!

Wow, I didn't think I'd be able to do a blog so early in our return home! But the Holiday Inn we're staying at offers free high speed internet access!!! That makes apartment hunting much easier since we are using Craigslist to find our place.

OK so travel details -- in summary, our baby was a complete angel the WHOLE way! He slept almost the entire long-haul portion of the flight from Taipei to SFO. He was one tired baby by that time, so it wasn't surprising. It will be very interesting to see how he adapts to the time change. For Golf and I, we didn't get to sleep til about 2 AM last night and Aidan slept a few hours but woke us up at 5 AM for a feeding. He's been awake since then, and consequently Golf and I woke up too. We'll be sleepy this afternoon once we get back from our first apartment appointment in Alameda this morning.

My parents were so thrilled to see their grandson! It was the first time my own father met my husband and my child. It was so cool. My best friend is coming with her husband, sister and niece later this afternoon and Mom and Dad will come again tomorrow along with my other best friend and possibly my sister.

I'll give an update later to say how our apartment hunting is going.

3 comments:

Indiamommy said...

Welcome to the US!!

That was a very quick arrival! I assumed Aiden was going to behave very nicely. All of my kids have slept on the way home when we traveled internationally.

Thailand Voices said...

Hey Amy:

Welcome back to the US (just thought I'd check in and see if you got there yet, and was surprised to see you already have internet access).

Well you're definitely not missing much here. Kylie taught your Saturday morning class yesterday and was already bitching that she thought you were here until the end of the semester :-)

I taught G4-G8 and it was fine, although I really want my weekends off.

Don't forget, keep us updated on what's going on, and also e-mail me your phone number once you get settled and I'll give you a call when I get back to the US in October to see how you're settling in. Good luck with the apartment hunt!

Amy T said...

Jyotsna -- it was such a relief to have a sleeping baby on board. No escape if they cry! We did have the bassinet so Aidan slept really well.

Michelle -- Interesting about Kylie; I swear she knew I was leaving. Oh well, I don't really care! LOL! I will email you my phone number once we're settled. I look forward to talking to you in October. No worries about the blog -- I will keep it updated because I'm now addicted! :)