Thursday, April 07, 2005

The biggest bug I ever did see!


I go walking around our condo complex when Golf doesn't feel like walking with me. This evening as I was walking by one of the buildings, I noticed something strange looking on the wall, so I went in for a closer look. Oh my GAWD that's the biggest bug I have ever seen in real life. The USA has the largest of many things, but for me, Thailand has the biggest bugs, spiders, cockroaches, bees, and snails that I have ever seen with my own eyes!

2 comments:

Indiamommy said...

Amy,

That is pretty freaky! And how brave of you to share it!

When I was in India in 2001, the house where I was staying had a courtyard (with grass and flowers) in the center of the house, and had steps leading down to the court yard. One night I was sitting on the steps looking up to the moon and stars (it has no roof on the court yard) and suddenly this hugh thing went running past me. The hair on my neck stood straight up, and when I stopped screaming, it turns out it was a spider the size of my hand, with fingers outstretched! YIKES!

Those warm countries just don't get cold enough to kill off those insects, bugs and spiders! Perhaps they grow to their full expectations because there is no cold?

Be safe! : )
Jyotsna

Amy T said...

Yikes, Jyotsna -- I would have just flipped out seeing a spider that big! We're not used to seeing such huge creepy crawlies in the USA!