Sunday, April 03, 2005

Monday Madness

Time for Monday Madness!

The following questions all begin with Where you live...
1. ...did you have to turn your clocks forward one hour this weekend? No, Thailand does not have a time change.
2. ...what is the price of gasoline? I'm not entirely sure since I don't drive here, but I know it's been making news headlines since the price has skyrocketed here, too.
3. ...which natural disasters, if any, do you have to worry about? Tsunamis! Although in Bangkok itsself, it's not a threat.
4. ...do you have a local newspaper, and if so, do you subscribe to it? No, I read it occasionally and watch English language news on TV now and then. I prefer to read US papers, particularily the San Francisco Chronicle online (SFGate) and BBC World.
5. ...do you subscribe to a local cable company for television viewing? No. Too expensive with programs I'm not interested in watching.
6. ...what is the speed limit on your road/street? There doesn't seem to be a speed limit! On weekend nights, there's drag racing down our street and I feel so badly for the few families of poor people who don't have thick windows or AC to drown out the noise like my DH and I do. It's terrible -- and this is a GOOD neighborhood, believe it or not!
7. ...how far do you have to drive to the nearest post office? Not sure, I mail all my mail at this Mail Boxes Etc. type of store.
8. ...what is the average temperature in April? Upper 90s. UGH!!!! Hottest time of the year.
9. ...what is the average temperature in December? Mid to upper 80s! A little better. This is a tropcial country, afterall.
10. ...are your four seasons drastically different from one another? Not at all. Thailand has three official seasons: Hot (March-July) Rainy (August-November) and Dry (December-February).

2 comments:

DawnK said...

I saw your post on Monday Madness complaining about the heat! Now, I see you live in Thailand, which is far away from chilly Wisconsin! LOL! Oh, and pregnant besides! One of my kids was born in August. Need I say more? DH loved it, because he could actually keep the AC in the car as cold as he likes it! Usually I freeze. Not that summer!

Nat said...

Hi Amy! I feel for you, girl! It's bad enough dealing with temps in the 90's and higher, but pregnant it must be torture! Hang in there; there's a light at the end of the tunnel..... Thanks for playing MM!! =)