Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Second day of summer school

I'm teaching the second half of summer school, which, in Thailand, is April. The last week of March and first week of April were for half of the foreign teachers, and then we had a week off for Songkran. Now the last two weeks are for remaining foreign teachers.

My schedule is very light -- two classes of English per day except Friday where I have only one. Then I have computers twice a week, which is really just the kids getting to play the games they enjoy on the Internet. And every Friday they have time for a video, which for me, I'll just go to Blockbuster and rent a kid movie for them to watch. Tomorrow I even have one English class taken over by a potential new teacher who will do a demo teaching during my time. SOOO easy for me!

I have eleven girls between ages 9-11. They are well behaved and I relish the small class. I've got lots of ideas ready to impliment and have more or less already prepared til the end of the week. Next week will surely be cakewalk too.

Good thing too, because the HEAT is really getting to me. I'm moving slower and have to take it real easy because the heat and humidity lately has been stifling. I had a serious dizzy spell last night on the way home from dinner, from the heat and stuffiness outdoors, so I had to lay down for awhile in the bed til I felt better. I'm much more susseptible in my 'delicate condition'. As it is said in Thai, it is RHON JING JING!!! (Truly hot!)

No comments: