Sunday, May 15, 2005

Awaiting Mother's Arrival

Well, mom gets here on Wednesday, or I should technically say Thursday morning at 1:00 AM. I'm really looking forward to her company and to take her out to some of our favorite places nearby, mostly restaurants to try out. Since we have no kitchen, Golf and I have to eat out all the time -- granted it's mostly at the market where both of us can eat for about $2.50. So can still be inexpensive. I still have to think about breakfast food for us. Golf never eats breakfast, and I often have fruit, yogurt and a small sandwich (minus the smammich in my pre-preggo days). I think I'll invest in some cereal in case Mom would like to have that...

We plan to do our weekly apartment cleaning on Wednesday during the daytime, postponing it from the weekend... and Tuesday we have the weekly doctor's appointment, so that just leaves today, Monday to be a bit bored, although in a few hours I plan to give Mom and Dad a call to confirm Mom's flight and talk about any final things she wants to bring or what we can do to help her out over here.

I'm going to see if I can handle some heat over the next few days. We've had our air conditioner on all the time except for the hour we go for lunch and the hour we go for dinner. That means it's running 22 hours a day! Last month's bill was about $50 and for Thailand and a smallish one bedroom apartment, that's expensive. If I can turn it off after Golf wakes up and see if I can leave it off til mid afternoon, then that's about a six hour break. It's been slightly cooler -- or I should say less hot -- the last week. When Mom gets here, I don't want to put her through the agony of dealing with the heat, so we'll have to keep the AC on for her all the time and that will run up our bill, so I want to save a little before she gets here.

Lastly, today is Monday the 16th and it's the first day of school for the new year. Kinda weird not to be getting ready for the big day, instead I'm sitting here in my nightie blogging away on the internet awaiting the birth of my baby. All my other colleagues are right now at school getting ready to know their students, many of them new. Quite a few new teachers, too. Anyway, my life is changing, and shortly it will be changing drastically. I'm looking forward to it! :)

No comments: