Friday, May 13, 2005

It's the waiting game now

My mother arrives next week on Wednesday, so I have about 1/2 a week to wait around. Haven't been doing a whole lot because everything for the baby is ready. Golf and I do still need to pack our hospital bag. Turns out we don't need to bring much because the hospital provides everything. For the baby, I won't need to bring a thing. Nothing!! I couldn't believe it! The hospital provides us with a going home outfit, diapers, and a blanket. The only things I have to bring are a toothbrush, hairbrush and hairband, undies, my nursing bra, and what I will wear home. Everything else they provide. I swear the hospital is like a fancy hotel!

So I've just been hanging out in the apartment, only going out for food. It's cool in here -- we keep the air conditioner on and yes, we have an enormous electricity bill. We'll just deal with it til we leave for the States, that's all. I'm not going to be nine months pregnant and suffer in 98 degree heat plus just as much humidity!!! And with mother coming, she's not used to such weather, so we gotta keep it cool. The rainy season has also officially begun and we've been getting some nice thunder storms. I hope we get some fabulous thunder for my mom to experience -- it's so loud here it almost knocks you off your feet! Unfortunately, it rarely gets cool enough to turn off the air though. Just makes the weather even MORE humid. UGH. Well, this is a tropical country afterall! Can't wait to go back to California where I'm not sweating profusely the moment I step out of my door.

No comments: