Sunday, May 29, 2005

A not-so-easy transition

I've got just a few precious hours left before Aidan wakes up. I hope to finish this blog today and check a few more things online so I can get some precious sleep before he needs our attention again. My husband has a true godsend, my Mother thinks he's just perfect. He goes above and beyond the call of duty for helping me with the baby. I actually feel like it's me helping HIM with the baby -- my main duty is just to feed him.

The baby blues are officially here. I have crying jags because this little one is taking up everything -- all our time, attention and sleep. Our lives are turned upside down and it's nothing like the life I knew for 35 years being childless. But we've gotten through the first week. Yep, Aidan's a week old today. We're beginning to use some tricks on him to calm him down, but it's still frustrating when the only time he's awake he's crying or feeding. If he's not crying it's because my dear husband is rocking and playing and singing to him, which takes enormous energy, something I could not do. His arms ache from swinging the baby.

So bear with me when I don't post much. I'm going through a major life change and it's taking every ounce of my energy to deal with it. I know it will get better soon.

1 comment:

Indiamommy said...

Hang in there Amy. Many of us know exactly what you are going though. Even tho my kids were adopted, Lakshmi was a tiny baby when I got her (8 pounds at 2 1/2 months).

Just take your time.

Jyotsna