Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Frustrations again

My poor husband. He simply wanted to replace his old hard drive with a bigger faster one on his laptop and he went to a nearby computer shop to have it done. He got it home and it crashed, but he thought it was because of some software programs he loaded. He was able to get the computer to work to uninstall them, and also to back up some important data, but after that, the whole system continued to fail. He took it back to the computer shop and the guy there is totally stumped. He's had Golf's computer now for two days and Golf needs it for incoming jobs. They even tried reinstalling the old hard drive and it's still acting the same way!!!!

Now if nothing can be done to salvage Golf's computer, he's simply going to have to purchase a new laptop. It's certainly an unexpected grand he'll have to shell out, but he MUST have it for his job. He feels terrible about the timing with the baby coming and all, but I said that the expenses we have now are relatively low compared to what we'll have once we're in the States. A sudden $1K expense will hurt much worse in CA than here in BKK, plus he's recently done a job that more than pays for a new computer. So either Thursday or Friday he may have to go shopping. Let's hope his old computer works!

Another frustration lately: ANTS! They're EVERYWHERE and we spray but there's just no getting rid of them. This time last year we didn't have this problem with them. It's disgusting. We keep our apartment very clean and the kitchen area is immaculate, so there's no reason for them to be there. I guess we'll try spraying again when we leave this morning for our lawyer's appointment.

Last frustration that made my husband livid yesterday: Thai people don't get up for pregnant ladies unless they have muumuus on!!!! We were on the skytrain and it's packed. I'm wearing maternity pants and a tunic style shirt. Not one Thai person stood up but one young American woman did, and she had a ton of shopping bags as it is. We thanked her and Golf went on and on about the rudeness of Thai people and how blind they are if you aren't wearing the proper ugly maternity uniform of a pregnant lady. Well, we have to ride the skytrain again today and I guess I will wear the dress that closest resembles a muumuu so that I can get a seat without my husband blowing up. It's a shame, really and it's times like that when I cannot wait to get back to the States.

Oh! Had my last prenatal class at the hospital yesterday and if you would like to read about it, go to my pregnancy journal.

1 comment:

Thailand Voices said...

Hey Amy,

I know what you mean about the ants. I have them too! They're bloody everywhere, and no amount of spraying is helping. Thailand is driving me nuts right now. School is hell, next semester is going to be miserable (an increased 5 hours of teaching with G7 AND G8) and the heat is unbearable, isn't it? :-)

By the way, you look BEAUTIFUL in your anniversary photographs. I love the dress! Congratulations.