Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Tomorrow's a big day

I haven't posted for a couple of days only because nothing worth writing about has happened. Well, yesterday I went to the school to get some DVDs that a colleague is loaning me: CSI 5th season. Thanks Michelle! And we also took Aidan's passport photos. Oh my goodness, they are so funny/cute looking and if I get a chance, I will take a digital photo of it and post it here because he has his scowling frog look and since he's looking down a little bit, it makes his head look HUGE.

Today Golf has to go into town to get our marriage certificate translated into English because tomorrow's the big day. We're all going to the US Embassy to register Aidan as a US citizen born abroad, to get his social security card and to get his passport. We have to be there at 8:30 AM and the last few days have been pouring rain, so much so that many streets have flooded and traffic is at a standstill. Couple that with morning rush hour and we will have a LOOONG commute.

I had thought about pumping a feeding for this appointment, but then thought, what the heck, I am going to be with the baby, I should just NIP (nurse in public). I should only pump when I'm not going to be physically there with him, such as the days when I'm teaching. So I will nurse him in the long taxi ride to the Embassy, and any other time he feels like he wants to eat. Hopefully not during our appointment though!

So sometime tomorrow, if I have time, I will write an entry here and say how it went. Because tomorrow too, I have to go into school during the afternoon to prepare for Saturday's teaching. Fortunately, last week I used only half the material I prepared, so I have to prepare very little and won't be gone long.

No comments: