Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A carpet accident

I had an accident the other day: nail polish! Need I say more? It was an old bottle but a pretty color and it was all sticky and gooey, so I put some nail polish remover in it to thin it out. However, I neglected to screw on the cap since I was just going to walk to the living room to paint my toes. Sure enough, in a beautiful arc that ended up looking like a Jackson Pollock painting, the dark mocha color made a lovely design on a carpet that did not belong to me. All I saw were dollar signs of our deposit disappearing as the damaged carpet would need replacing.

Well, my quick thinking sister hopped on the internet and found many solutions for taking nail polish out of carpet, most of which recommend Windex. So Golf and sis went to the store to purchase several different kinds of things that could work too such as rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, more nail polish remover and of course the windex.

We scrubbed and scrubbed and it's about half way out. So I got more Windex soaking it now, to be scrubbed later this afternoon during baby's naptime. Wish me luck, cause I really don't want to have to pay for replacing carpet in this apartment. UGH.

1 comment:

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

Ugh! I hope you find something that works. We had to pay to replace carpeting in an apartment once - thanks to our d - o - g - s. It stunk (uh, the carpet and having to replace it). ;)
Good luck!