Friday, October 14, 2005

Do any of you use Netflix?

Couple days ago, Golf and I rented four DVDs from Blockbuster and the total came to almost $20!!! I'm now seriously considering subscribing to Netflix for basically $18 a month for unlimited viewage, just three DVDs at any one time. I think that's a great deal. I need to justify this subscription because while I do want to be frugal in our spending, this is our only source of entertainment besides having cable TV (that my mother is graciously paying for for a year). Before Aidan, Golf and I would regularily attend movies, partly because in Thailand it's about $3 - $4 per person, day or night. And with the cool air-con and big screen, it was something do pass the time when there wasn't much else to do. Nothing compares to the big screen with good sound, but not for American prices, especially if you factor in snacks.

I still want to see movies, but not for $10 a pop. Many movies these days really aren't that great and I remember quite a few I'd seen in Thailand where I was glad I wasn't paying American prices because I'd feel ripped off from the mediocrity. So is anybody out there feel like they are getting their money's worth with Netflix? Is it easy to get the new releases?

1 comment:

Mel said...

Hell yes I use Netflix! We have the basic subscription. It has also helped us from spending more money on a higher level of cable television. I won't have more than the basic subscriptions of both. Of course you and Golf (and Aidan!) are home for many more hours in the day, but for us I try not to let movies entice me into being physically immobilized more than I already am in my life. The way I see it, the more money I spend on cable tv and netflix, the more attractive I am making my television, so we keep our subscriptions basic. :)

"Blockbastards"...