Tuesday, February 08, 2005

It's Chinese New Year!

Today is special for two reasons: One, it's my Mother's birthday -- Happy Birthday Mommy!!! and two, it's Chinese New Year. My school gave us the day off, and I went with Golf to pray to his ancestors, the Gods and his immediate family. He took some photos of the ceremonies and tomorrow morning I will upload them and explain what's going on.

Today I also had a little surprise from an online friend whom I've known for almost 5 years now. She mailed me a little gift for our baby. It's a swaddling blanket, but not just any blanket. Turns out it's a blanket I ordered for her from her baby registry when she finally got pregnant with her first child. She's since had another baby, and this blankey has the love of two babies wrapped up inside that she sent to me for my baby. I thought that was just so special. Thank you very much, Darshani! :) :)

No comments: