Friday, February 04, 2005

We're back online!

So our problem that we had with our phone line was exactly what I thought it was: bad wiring that just needed to be tinkered with. Was it the responsibility of the building or the responsibility of the phone company? Well, Golf was the go-between for the two and he got it figured out and had the appropriate technician look at the problem and it was a real easy fix. We'd just been 'suffering' for about a month! But now Golf can get back to his work and I can enjoy my leisurely weekend mornings with internet and a cup of coffee. I'm in a better mood now!

I was thinking about our location for when we move back and I've been looking on Craigslist almost every day for areas around Lake Merritt in Oakland. Well, I took a peek at Alameda too and wow, they have apartments that cost just as much but are much bigger and they're right near the beach and also good shopping so I don't have to drive to get groceries at Trader Joe's or Safeway. So that's another option, better, even than Lake Merritt because of the bigger space. I also mentioned to Golf that if we live in an apartment complex I could offer to be a part time manager if it would knock off some rent a couple hundred bucks a month. Real easy work. I saw a two bedroom apartment in Piedmont go for $800 per month if the tenant could do PT managerial work. That would be awesome.

I'm so glad it's FRIDAY!!! It's also my easy day, only two classes, but I have to make final exams and it's certain I will need to take some of this home with me, because I also have yet to do lesson plans.

No comments: