Sunday, February 20, 2005

The weekend thus far...

has been pretty good. I did have to go in on Saturday morning for parent/teacher meetings, and of course, the students who need to be talked about the most, their parents didn't show up. Anyway.... I was finished before noon and Golf met me and we walked to our usual market place for weekend lunches.

We came home after that and watched some episodes of Millinium, the serial that Chris Carter of X-Files fame had created. Golf bought the first season and we've really been enjoying it, but it has caused me to have some extremely weird dreams -- if you've read my pregnancy journal, you can get one example of the many different ways my brain is going haywire with these wacko hormones coursing through the body!

Then I had a dental appointment at 4:30, just a standard cleaning. I need to get some wisdom teeth pulled after the baby is born. They've been needing it for years, but I've been too chicken. I must do it before we return to the States because dental care here is fine, and it's a fraction of the cost. Fortunately it's just my two bottom teeth, my upper teeth are OK.

Right after the dental appointment, which took all of half an hour, we went to the nearby mall that has the fabric store. The dresses I had made for work are good through my sixth month, the tailor said, and he was right. They're getting tight around my belly now, so we went back to the fabric store and got some more to put a triangular panel in the skirt part to widen it and accomodate my growth. I hope it doesn't look too silly, but I almost don't care. I've felt so whumpy and unattractive with all the extra weight, and my hair is too dark and funny looking. My arms look like toothpicks stuck into a large apple. My dear sweet husband constantly reassures me that I look beautiful to him, but alas, I think this is something that every preggo woman goes through. Your body changes so much!!!

So after we bought fabric we went to dinner at BBQ Plaza which is a place where you get a large platter of raw frozen meats and fresh vegetables (mostly shredded cabbage) and you have your own personal hot plate with a surrounding trench for soup. It heats up and you grill your own meats and they pour this chicken broth in the trench and you add the veggies. It's fun! I hope to take Mother there if she comes before the baby is born. AND if she can use chopsticks, although I'm sure they'd give her a fork if she were unable.

Then we went to see a movie Golf's been wanting to see called Kung Fu Hussle. It's out of China and it's a comedy set back in 1930s Shanghai. It was dubbed in Thai with English subtitles and Golf got to enjoy it much more because there were many more things said in Thai than there were written in English. It was funny enough and I'm happy my husband got to see a show he's wanted to see for nearly a month now.

Today we're going to meet an online friend of Golf's -- she's an American from New York, and she's also a teacher here in BKK. I've seen her posts on the forum Golf and I frequent and she's very articulate, so I'm looking forward to meeting her. We're gonna go to Sizzler for salad! Woo hoo!

After that, it's bakery time, and hopefully they'll have my favorite breads in stock. They didn't last week. Then it's time to come home. I hope to get a power walk in today, because I didn't exercise Friday or yesterday due to social obligations or work obligations.

No comments: