Friday, July 09, 2004

First chance online in a few days

I haven't been able to go online the last few days because I've been so busy and also no internet access! I tell ya, at this school, there is always something going wrong. There is constantly (at varying occasions) no copy paper, the toner will be out on the photocopy machine, the printer is out of ink or just doesn't work, the internet is down, the electricity is down, the A/C doesn't work, some one forgot the keys so you can't get inside your class room or the teacher's lounge. It's always SOMETHING. I've learned to really go with the flow and have tried to be as patient as I possibly can, but we foreign teachers grumble justifiably!

This Sunday Golf and I will have our first family function together as husband and wife. It is a yearly event in which departed family members are honored. I'm looking forward to being a part of the ceremony, even though I won't know a word of what's being said.

Next week, the International AIDS Conference is in town and schools are required to close so that traffic congestion is eased. We will be required to go to work on Monday and Tuesday, but will have Wednesday onward off. Golf and I plan to go to Koh Chang (Elephant Island) and enjoy the beach. It will be lovely to enjoy some peace and quiet, although our neighborhood is pretty good as it is, for being in Bangkok!

Golf and I saw Spiderman last night. Very well done! Even better than the first, I think this superhero series is the best so far, with the possible exception of Superman back in the 80s.

So far I'm loving my book, Mists of Avalon. This is good timing becase the movie, "King Arthur" is opening at the end of this month, and it will be relevent with my book. Back to movies, I'm looking forward to seeing "King Arthur" and "I, Robot". Since movies are so cheap here in Thailand, Golf and I are indulging often!

Lastly, it's now the waiting game. Two weeks waiting to see if Golf and I must try again next month for baby. Let's hope that I'm pregnant!!! :)

No comments: