Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Talking about the future

For the first time in a long time, I am looking forward to returning to the US permanently. I now have a wonderful husband who also misses California, and my life will be different. We are researching starting our own business. We want to work for ourselves! I could never do something like this on my own back in the States, and to be married to someone with the courage and desire to do his own thing makes all the difference in the world. I would rather work for us in our own shop; I will happily work many hours, take our future child with us into the store, or take my work home with me if I want to go home early had have Golf hold down the fort, or vice versa. So many options. We can do it! So we have some time to plan.
 
I also plan to open up a CD with a financial institution that allows new accounts online. Why should I keep funds in my bank account sitting around doing nothing when I could invest in a two year certificate of deposit and get a much higher interest rate on it? My colleague informed me of one institution and I looked at them online. Will probably open an account with them today.

No comments: