Saturday, July 03, 2004

House Warming Party

Golf and I went to Benjawan's house warming party and birthday. She lives out nearby where I lived and worked previously, by Ramintra Road. There was a big awning erected in the middle of the small soi with tables laden with food and lots of people sitting around grubbing. We arrived just before 9AM and had A LOT of food. People were also drinking WHISKY first thing in the morning! CRAZY!!!
Benjawan, Golf's former boss, is a very nice woman, but still quite jetlagged! Her house is brand new with 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Nice looking from the outside, but not what I would buy.

The houses here in Thailand just aren't cozy. I like a cozy house. Anna and Jimmy's place is cozy. Mom and Dad's house is (was!) cozy and Mel and Daryll's place is cozy. I think it's my cultural upbringing and the fact is that it's too hot here in Thailand to ever want to be cozy. You want to be cool! Eh, sometimes I just feel a little homesick, that's all. But I am still happy!

The next few days are supposed to be my fertile ones, so Golf and I will be busy trying for baby! What a wonderful way to spend a weekend. :) :)

No comments: