Friday, July 02, 2004

New Book

Golf and I went to the mall last night in search of a nice gift for his former boss who is in town. It was payday for most people and the mall was PACKED like it was a Saturday afternoon. Plus Spiderman 2 premiered. We'll wait to see it after a few weeks and the crowds die a bit.

I found a new book while I was there, at a used book store. It's called The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. In my other book, The God of Small Things, the language is too flowery, too many metaphors, like the author is trying really hard to impress us with her knowledge of English. Boring--just tell me a story already!

So Golf found a nice bath set in Central, inside a purple silk box. I think it's a good gift and we are all set to meet Benjawan on Saturday. I felt such relief leaving the mall; there is nothing worse than going in with the intention to buy something specific and coming out empty handed.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Mists of Avalon is a great book. A TV movie series was also done a few years back, and it really brought the book to life. I haven't been able to find it around here in Thailand, but I was able to download it off the net. If you can, try checking it out. =)

Amy T said...

Thanks BKKSoul! I saw the video series when I was online at amazon.com. Perhaps when I move back to San Francisco, I will purchase the series then. So far the book is quite good!