Thursday, July 22, 2004

Midweek Blahs

Hearing about a fellow foreign teacher's visa woes yesterday got me feeling depressed about living here, like if I get too much of a hassle getting my visa and work permit, I am tempted to just forget about it and come back to the States early. But that simply isn't an option now because I have a husband who is a Thai national and we have to make the time to do the immigration process properly to the US and apparantly it takes alot of time! I just have to have faith and patience that the process here will work out alright. My school likes me a lot and I think they will do what they can to keep me here. Sometimes I just get tired of the whole thing and I get to deal with it in the next coming weeks because my visa expires on August 11th.  Such is the price to pay for an exciting life of living abroad. :)
 
So since I was feeling down yesterday, I was in no mood to go to aerobics. I was feeling crampy, bloated, frustrated, homesick and sad.  To pick me up, my dear husband read my mind as usual and suggested we go to the mall and eat at Sizzler (salad bar!) and go see I, Robot. What a fantastic movie! I would like to see it again to catch some subtle parts of the strory line. You really have to pay attention and I like movies like that.   

Today I am feeling a little better. I am going to eat less this week, I feel like I have been stuffing my face with way too much food my clothes are starting to fit more tightly. Not a good sign! Will do the weights again as well and sit-ups at least until after we've had our fertile time for trying for baby. I don't know if doing sit ups is harmful if you've just conceived, so I don't want to take any chances. Anyway, tomorrow (Friday) is also my last day of smoking PERIOD.  I smoked two yesterday and 1 1/2 the day before.  Tomorrow will make it exactly one week before my fertile time and I want to be nicotine free for a week before we do the nasty.  Tomorrow and over the weekend, Golf and I will also enjoy the last bottle of Merlot I brought from California. Gotta have one perk for not getting preggo this month!  

No comments: