Saturday, January 15, 2005

Rain has finally arrived

It's been absolutely dry and dusty for months now. We got about two weeks of cooler weather, and the last few days have been extremely hot and humid. Lo and behold, this morning it was raining! At last, I hope it can clean the air out a little and wash some of the accumulated dirt off everything. However, it might muck up our plans to go into town today. We shall see. Golf wanted to see the movie, 'Meet the Fockers' and I wanted to replace my crap shoes and get some more bread at my favorite bakery.

I got so aggrivated this morning -- our phone line should be trashed. It took the building about three or four months to get a phone line installed because of various issues, and lately the quality has been getting worse and worse. Talking on the phone is OK, but using the internet is dismal. It took me 45 minutes to connect today at anything higher than 16 kpbs. The phone line either dropped the connection, or I got a whopping 4 kpbs. Or simply keeping the connection altogether was a feat. I tried once when it finally connected at 4, just to see, and it's actually not as slow as you'd think. But the connection dropped after about one minute. UGH. At least I get internet at school, but what about my poor husband who must use the internet for his JOBS!!! And I get extra disappointed on the weekends, because the internet is my only source of entertainment besides seeing DVDs or going to the movies. TV here is all Thai.

Well, that's all my joyous news for the day. Back again later!

No comments: