Sunday, January 23, 2005

Sitting in a noisy place full of little boys

Yep, that's where I am on my Sunday morning. Golf and I are so frustrated. Our phone line is so awful now, we can barely use our land line to even make local calls, much less use the internet from home. The static and crackling make it very difficult to hear. So we checked two internet cafes this morning, and both were closed. This last one caters to little boys that do online gaming, so this place is extremely noisy and caotic with teenagers and younger kids shouting at each other, loud music and the sounds of video games blasting. UGH. Right after this we plan to go talk to the landlord who told us LAST WEEK that he'd call a technician about the phone line. Again, thank goodness for my internet at work, but my poor husband! What's he to do? We look forward to getting reliable service once we move back to California.

The rest of my weekend should be good. Yesterday we went to see Meet the Fockers and it was a very amusing movie. I bought my bread and some Mexican food and other western food at the big grocery store. For lunch today we plan to go to this market we always enjoy where I get either a chicken or pork pot pie. Since the bird flu is coming back, I will probably opt for the pork one. I'm so tired of eating so much pig. They eat alot of pigs in Asia. I can't wait to cook more vegetarian food when I move back home. Oh, I also regularly have shrimp Vietnamese fresh spring rolls with my pot pie. I love variety! LOL!

We meet with our lawyer tomorrow afternoon to sign a bunch of papers and get this immigration process rolling.


No comments: