Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Thank you Anna!

The other day my other wonderful sister sent me a beautiful black maternity dress and a cranberry colored maternity shirt. I have such generous and wonderful sisters. :)

Yesterday's blog entry got the attention of some friends and family wondering about putting together a party for Golf and I once we return to the States, since we won't have very much in furnishings for our apartment. I think it would be a great idea if anybody wants to help out. I'm enlisting Golf's help over the weekend to add stuff to our baby registry. For all our basic newborn supplies, I can get that all here, since it will be an immediate need. But for our return home, when baby is about 3 months old, we're gonna need stuff like a crib & bedding, a dresser for him, a carseat, and a stroller. I'll let ya'll know about our registry once it's completed. I also wish IKEA had a gift registry. I love their cheap furniture! Golf and I will have to buy a bed and mattress for ourselves, and I think that's the biggest of the furniture. And likely a bookcase or two. We'll just have to see about the rest because Mom and Dad also have furniture they're not going to be using for awhile either.

I'm getting SO excited about our move back home. I think about it about as much as the baby's arrival. Personally I love the Oakland Lake Merrit area to live and I'm going to encourage Golf to like it there too. LOL! My friend Carolyn lives nearby there and it's just real beautiful and rather peaceful. I love that lake and the views, I could walk there every day. The other area I like is the Oakland Piedmont/Montclair area. So close to many different amenities, both areas I can walk to get to the store and/or do errands without a car.

Baby's been dutifully kicking me every day, letting mommy know he's in there and growing up big and strong. It's been a pretty good day today overall.

No comments: