Friday, March 04, 2005

A beautiful little daydream

The other day I had a vision in my head. My husband, little baby and I had ended up living in Alameda. From Alameda every Saturday morning, we would take the ferry into San Francisco to the weekly farmer's market at the Ferry Terminal. Oh! It just sounds like so much fun to do every weekend, and to buy the best foods in season, as well as other yummy delights!

Just got word from my cousin that my uncle, who was on a list for a lung transplant, received donor lungs and had his surgery yesterday. He has the lungs now of a sixteen year old boy. My heart goes out to the family of the boy, and at the same time I'm so relieved for my uncle's life. It has made me rethink about becoming an organ donor. Afterall, I believe our true selves are not our bodies.

Golf's niece came by yesterday, dropping off more baby clothes and a couple of diaper packs she didn't get to use before her baby grew too big for them. We have two packages, so that will last us for the first week and a half after baby's arrival. Thanks to May, we don't really have to buy much of anything. We have all the clothes we need for our little one to start out with. It's just once we move back to the States that we will have many more expenses. The only things we have yet to buy here is baby bedding, and maybe a little baby seat to prop him up. Then again we might just take turns holding him in the sling and if he falls asleep, put him in his little cradle. We have to be careful of anything we buy here because we'll either have to pack it or get rid of it before we leave Thailand.

Well, it's Saturday and Golf and I are planning to stay in this weekend. We'll do our usual routine of going to Bon Marche market for lunch, buying some popcorn and other groceries, then settling in the afternoon to watch CSI. Golf bought two more seasons!!!

1 comment:

Amy T said...

Anna, I'd heard of the Miami one, but not the New York one. My colleague has the Nip/Tuck series on DVD and she plans to lend it to me. Oh boy and nudity and sex! Sounds even more interesting! LOL!