Monday, March 14, 2005

Whooaaaa On the Radio

I had a very interesting day today! I get to be on Thai radio!!! The school is doing an advertisement and they wanted a foreign teacher who speaks Thai relatively well to say a few lines in Thai language. They also wanted a female, so I was selected and asked if I'd do it. I said sure! One of my students read a few lines in English, and with a little bit of my coaching, she sounded really good. I practiced alot with Golf's help. He wrote out the words in the phonetics, since I obviously cannot read Thai.

We then went into a mixing studio this morning. It was my first time in a sound proof room with the microphone. Little Ning was with me reading her lines, then it was my turn. I thought I'd not do too well with the tones or the long and short vowel sounds with being nervous behind a mike, but turns out I did OK. I kinda like doing voice recordings!

After our voices were recorded, the sound effects were added and layered. The end product sounds really good! It's so neat what they can do in a sound lab. What fun! I hope to get a recording of the commercial; it will be a neat little thing to take home with me.

No comments: