Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Easy here on out

Today is the first day of final exams and it lasts til tomorrow. So no more teaching for me until the summer break during the last two weeks of April. Beginning on Monday, we come in to grade the exams and write in microscopic boxes on the forms for the Ministry of Education. Our hours are cut from 9-2:30, so that will be fantastic! This will be for about two weeks. I then have vacation the last week of March and the first two weeks of April. Then the summer camp begins and the hours are also shorter than regular school hours. My last working weeks here will be quite easy, which is good as I keep getting bigger and more cumbersome.

On a different note, I found a whole bunch of food blogs! They are beginning to become quite popular, apparantly. There's even a big article in the San Francisco Chronicle about them. I don't know how to include their links on my blog, but I've seen blog links listed on other people's blogs. If anybody knows how to show links, can you send me a quick note telling me how? I've otherwise just added them to my bookmarks. One of the first one's I discovered was Cooking with Amy, a food blogger out of San Francisco!

I'm just so excited about cooking. I'd like to use the time that I'm staying at home to be a mom and Golf's business helper to learn more about cooking. Possibly take a short course. Then once I'm ready to get back into the working world, I may do something that has to do with food. Maybe work with a catering company???? I don't know. This could all be just a phase I'm going through for all I know. I haven't even actually COOKED anything yet, not until we move back to the States. Anyway, it's just some thoughts I'm entertaining. Afterall, I've had SEVERAL careers in my lifetime already!

1 comment:

Amy T said...

I can't wait, Anna! My mouth is watering for some good, homemade enchiladas. MMMMMM!!!!!!!